Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3


My Princess

I prayed for a daughter. I so much wanted someone to giggle and shop with, someone to watch girly movies with, tiny curls to put bows in. But more than I wanted a baby girl, I wanted an adult daughter someday. My mom is my best friend, the person I call for cooking advice, parenting questions, and to share my day. As much as I adore my boys, I knew that as adults, they would have a different relationship with me than a daughter would. I cried with joy when I found out that Amelia was a girl. And watching her do girly-girl stuff brings me so much pleasure. Tonight, after dinner, she was putting a baby doll, pearls and a ribbon in her purse, and having a wonderful time. It was great. Score 1 for the girly-girls.

1 comment:

  1. I could have written your post exactly. There is something so special about girls. Your daughter is beautiful (and I love her name).

    ReplyDelete